The Windows cloud storage client is easy to use. When you click on an empty area of the window, an additional window opens, in which it remains to select the necessary folders/files for their subsequent upload to the server. In addition to receiving and transmitting files, the client program also has the function of broadcasting multimedia to the browser directly from the storage (and for this, you can use a public link received from any other user of the Mega service).
Mega as One of the Best Cloud Document Storage
When downloading encrypted files, the user will need a special decryption key (password), which can only be obtained from the owner of the downloaded data. However, all this can be avoided if you disable the corresponding function in the settings of your personal account.
Mega storage is probably the most generous in terms of free disk space. 50 GB for any new user is a pretty big number. However, there is a limit on the amount of uploaded/downloaded data from one IP address – no more than 4 GB within 6 hours. Moreover, this rule applies even to those users who simply decided to download some material from the link provided on Mega.
To access the Mega cloud storage, a web interface, desktop programs for Windows and other operating systems, mobile applications, and even extensions for Firefox and Chrome are provided. It consists of only 6 tabs, here are the most necessary ones:
- List of folders and files.
- Download history.
- List of objects that are shared.
- More advanced users will be able to fine-tune the work with cloud storage.
Box Cloud Storage
Box cloud storage is mostly designed for use by corporate clients. However, ordinary users can also use it. The amount of free space allocated in the Box cloud is 10 GB, but with a significant limitation on the size of the downloaded files – they cannot exceed 250 MB. However, even with the purchase of additional disk space, there are restrictions on the size of the downloaded files, so those who like to store UHD movies and other large files in the cloud should not look closely at this storage.
The document storage interface is practically no different from those of other cloud services, with the exception of some points:
- When you create folders, you can immediately share it with another Box user by sending an email invitation.
- It is possible to create notes of various formats according to a ready-made template – meeting agenda, calendar, project plan, etc.
- Box also provides web-based tools for creating and editing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Moreover, for this, you can use not only Box’s own applications but also the corresponding Google applications.
- And for users who decide to purchase space in the Box cloud, a special admin console will become available with many functions for organizing and managing the contents of the storage.
- Regarding the Box client for Windows. Everything here is done according to the “classic scenario”, i.e. a special folder for synchronizing data between the cloud and the PC is integrated into Windows Explorer.